Thursday, August 29, 2013

Addie's First Day of School

Addie was up first thing this morning with her backpack on saying it was her day to go to school! She knew the drill! She spent some time playing with her little sisters then it was time to get ready. We had to go through EVERY piece of new clothes for her to decide what she wanted to wear! On the way over to the school she started asking if I was sure someone would be there to pick her up after school.
 We held hands until we got in the school then she let go of mine and told me she would be fine. She walked into her classroom and found her cubby.
 She was excited to start building something with some blocks when I saw this...her sign that tears were trying to work their way out of her sweet little eyes. I asked her if she was ok, and she smiled and said yes as the tears started coming down her cheeks. ( I have never had a kid cry on the first day of school!)
 I went over and gave her a hug and asked her if she was ok. She said "yes mom, I'm fine. REALLY!" Then she put on a brave smile and waved me out the door.


1 comment:

Amy said...

What a little cutie- all scared but so excited!