Tuesday, May 13, 2008

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A Oklahoma!!

Boy oh boy. Getting to Oklahoma was quite the chore. Our plane broke down so we had to wait in the airport for six hours which could have been fun if I ( meaning me, Sue and Kris) wasn't running around after my kids. We missed our connecting flight so we spent the night in Denver. We made it to our hotel around 1 in the morning and had to be on the road by 6 to make our flight. The kids did well considering ... I was very, very glad to see mom and dad once we made it to Oklahoma. Kristi and Dad at the Oklahoma memorial. It is something that everyone should experience once. They have done a good job at making you feel all sorts of emotions- confusion, frustration, gratitude... I wasn't feeling very well so we got through the first few floors and then we had to leave, but I am glad we were able to see it.

Mom and Sue working in the kitchen. We were able to meet a bunch of the missionaries while we helped get lunch for them at one of the meetings. I must be getting old, because they are starting to look really young to me. (sigh) They were all very nice. They got Sander and put a name tag on him, which I didn't get a picture of because it made him REALLY mad! Maybe in 17 years... Kristi setting the table for the lunch. We were glad to be able to help mom. I think she usually does a lot of this work by herself. What a woman - mom!
Gracie with Grandpa Pres. Gee. I was wondering if the kids would really remember Mom and Dad. Well, in the airport it took about 2 seconds for it to register and then they were on a dead run to get to Grandma and Grandpa. Dad was great with the kids. They kept waking up super early, so he would get up with them, put on a cartoon and snack on honey nut cheerios.
NOTICE THE EYEBROWS!! Yea, pretty much you can just tell that I have them now. I will try to get a better close up.
Okay, a picture of the sisters...Kristi, Jodi and Sue. It was so much fun to go see Mom and Dad. Oklahoma was beautiful. I loved staying up past 10 - go Dad- visiting. Can't wait until the next trip. ( or maybe I can... anyone want to watch the kids???)

1 comment:

Heather said...

when i heard about your adventure at the airports with your kids, I couldn't believe it! I would cry my eyes out to do all that with 3 kiddos. Way to brave it all Jodi!