Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Dam Marathon

Well, I FINALLY did it! I ran my very first race... We did the Teton Dam Marathon. I was part of a relay team, and this is us crossing the finish line. Hot diggity dog!! I was pretty nervous about running, but the team was so layed back. IT was all about doing our best. Everyone was so supportive. It was a blast.
This was my awesome support team. My FAMILY!! Evan had the kids there cheering "go mommy go!" What more could you ask for? Evan even drove on part of the "closed course" so the kids could see me running. Hmmm- typical Evan.
Some of my favorite things were hearing how the kids reacted to the race. When I took the slap stick from a team mate, Gracie started crying telling everyone that the girl had hit me. They had to explain to Gracie that she wasn't hitting me, she was passing the racing stick. Once I was done running Gracie walked over to the girl and said, "why did you hit my mommy?"


Sander wasn't quite ready for me to take off, so once I started running, his little legs took off and he ran after me. Evan was taking pictures and didn't realize what Sander was doing till he was down the road. They had to run after him to make him stop running. They said his legs were moving as fast as he could make them go. Maybe we will be saying "go Sander go" soon!

The only thing that could have made this better is if Evan would have been running with me. Next year, right Ev?

5 comments:

Rich, Britt, Nate, and Tate said...

Go Jodi go, I am so proud of you running a marathon. Thinking of it makes me tired. Yuo can see by the reactions of your kids that they love mommy.

jillian said...

wow! congrats! sometimes I think that I'd like to do that, then I remember that I am a wimp in running. Did you see Dayna? she was planning on running too!

Ashley Leonardson said...

Jodi wow no way could I run a marathon!!Great Job!! Hope you guys are doing well. Your family is so cute! Take Care!

Camille said...

Hey! I just wandered onto your blog through Eric's, which I haven't looked at for a LONG time. Anyway, I found your link, and I am so excited to find you! It looks like you haven't posted for awhile, but hopefully you still get this comment. Blogging is a great way to keep in touch. You should visit me! www.camillemessick.blogspot.com

Way to go on the marathon! That is awesome! I have yet to attempt one, or even to have a desire! Looks like Melissa did it with you. I miss you two! If you are both still in the area, we NEED to get together and catch up!!

Love ya!
Camille

Alicia Alee said...

Look at you, that is so great! I wish I could be that motivated. :)So how are you? It looks like your family is doing well! I found you through Ashley Johnston's blog, by the way. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care!