Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spring is on the way

Scrub-a-dub-dub... One of the rare times the kids are all squeaky clean. Bath time before bed. I think this is supposed to have a calming effect on most children. I think it just gets ours more hyper.
I was in charge of book club this month. I decided to make grandma's famous chocolate skor cake. yummm. I asked Evan to put the cake out in the car and make sure it was safe. He came in with a smile and said, "Don't worry... I think it is safe." Yes Evan, you think you are funny, and at times we agree... Book club was fine. We read Beauty by Robin McKinley. It is a fun, quick read if you don't have a lot of time.
We went to visit Evan's niece Erin and this was the end result. One of her friends bought this guitar in China for $5. Since she had a nice new guitar, she thought it would be fun to let Gracie have it. I did take a video of the kids playing, but I don't know that it would have been "fun" for you all to hear the music. It was quickly "retuned" once we got home, and I am not sure it will ever recover.
Not sure what the weather is like in good old Idaho, but all the snow is pretty much gone here. The kids were excited to go outside to play first thing in the morning. They love being able to ride bikes with the other kids in the neighborhood. The other day Sander was trying to run after Gracie when he fell on his face. Yes, he cried so hard that he passed out just before Evan could reach him. The result being that he fell on his face again. That night he fell on the stairs. He has a a couple of really impressive bruises on his face. We only got a few child abuse questions.
Adelle is getting more personality every day. It makes me wonder what kind of trouble she will get in. The other day a bunch of moms from the neighborhood came over to chat and the conversation soon turned to telling all the experiences they have had with Gracie. ( sigh ) I am glad to know that my child can bring laughter to so many people, even if it paints an interesting impression of our family. Kids will be kids...






5 comments:

janine said...

Come to think of it...everybody used to be astounded at what an easy baby Caleb was and then he started to get around and nobody's mentioned it since! So beware of those good newborns! Nice to see their squeeky clean faces...it made me realize that i don't remember the last time our kiddos had a bath...I'll have to ask Eric when he gets home as my current duties are strictly survival and holding down the fort. We can't wait to see you.

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

Jodi! I found your blog through Jane's. Your kids are adorable :)

McArthurs said...

Your kids are so cute Jod, by the way, where do you live? I still haven't figured it out yet. :)

Kelley said...

Look how old Adelle is getting! That can't be right - where did you put your real baby!?! We're still burried in snow in Idaho - although there is a small patch of grass right above our septic tank - kind of a gross thought, isn't it!

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Hey Jodi,
Cute family. Can't wait to see the eyebrows, finished. Where are you living? I can totally relate to the kid who wreaks havoc wherever he goes. My oldest Damon is the same way. Trouble, trouble, trouble!