Monday, December 21, 2009

oklahoma

While we were in Oklahoma, we were able to help Mom serve a real down home Oklahoma lunch to the new missionaries. We had pulled pork, beans, fried okra ( or how ever you spell it), and finished off with Braums ice cream. Evan was over all the deep fried foods. It actually turned out to be pretty good. Grace, Sander and Addie were also BIG helps in the kitchen. They thought it was pretty cool that they could help serve the missionaries.
I loved watching the kids talk to the missionaries and learn more about what missions are all about.













There's no place like Braums. (Although I would say it is similar to Reed's Dairy products). The kids LOVED the ice cream. I have to admit, I didn't think it was so bad myself. We had to eat the ice cream a couple of different times while we were in Oklahoma. The kids thought it was cool that they could eat all the ice cream they wanted! Grandpa had to make up for lost time with them. :)

No comments: