Monday, February 2, 2009

A moment of reflection

This last week a lady in our ward passed away unexpectedly. After going to her funeral and seeing how many people's lives she touched, I started thinking about my life and what I have accomplished. It made me realize how important each day is, how precious our time is with the ones we love, and how much there is to accomplish in such a small amount of time. I like to plan out goals but often fail to set time limits which doesn't really matter until I think how much I take time for granted. In a life of so much uncertainty, I don't want to be left with the thoughts of "if only I ...," or "I wish I ..." So today I will try to live in the moment, tell the ones I love how much they mean to me, and to accomplish something of importance to me each day. And maybe by writing this, I will be able to pass along some of the positive influence I felt from her to you.

6 comments:

Camille said...

Very good thoughts. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Funerals are such a good motivation, though. They really do bring life into perspective.

janine said...

i'm sure that you have had more impact than you know already! we miss you guys too. eric had an interesting job interview today with the highlands ranch rec association and they called him back for another interview tomorrow. hopefully things will work out! it seems like it would be right up eric's alley. so please pray for us!!! we need all the help we can get! talk to you soon!

Tiffani Warner said...

Great post. Just so you know you and your family have made a huge impact on us! We love having you guys in the neighborhood. You have such a great family and we love being around you guys!

ashley said...

Wow, so true Jodi. Why is it that it takes these moments to re-think our lives. Or actually.....maybe that IS why. So that we can remember what is most important to us.

So, when do you want to come over and craft???? Oh right, you live in UT now.....not my neighbor anymore. Dang you Grover's!!! No one enjoys eating my treats with me like you guys did. ;o)

Camille said...

I'm so glad you found me! Sorry about that. I just thought you would follow the link on my comment to my blog. Fun that you're in Utah! Is that just for a while, or permanent? I'm with you on the BBCs! Let's do it! My favorite used to be Pride and Prejudice, but have you seen BBC's version of Sense and Sensibility? It's my new fave!

Jordan and Jenny said...

Hey Jodi
So where do you guys live? I heard that it was by us in Utah. Email me so I can find out if you guys are by us. That would be way fun! my email is jordanandjenny@hotmail.com