Saturday, July 2, 2011

Go Owlz

Summer has officially started! We took the kids to an Owlz game last night. (Sorry no pictures, but I still can't get them to upload..any advice anyone?) I never thought I would be one to drag all my kids to watch baseball... but they LOVE it! It was a fun night complete with fireworks. When they were turning off the lights, I handed Hannah to Evan while I got the other kids situated. Then I turned to Evan and asked him where Hannah was, just as the final light went out. He doesn't even remember putting her down! It was a moment of complete panic. How was I going to find my baby with no lights?! After what seemed like forever, but was really only a minute, my neighbor started yelling to me that Hannah had walked over and sat down with her to watch the fireworks. That lasted until the first set of fireworks went off then Hannah started screaming. Addie jumped right in with the crying. What a fun night right? Well, Addie pulled it together enough to watch the last part of the fireworks as long as she was right next to Evan, and Hannah would look occasionally, but for the most part looked like she was trying to pretend nothing was happening. Hopefully the kids will look back on these experiences with fondness!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh boy! Are you going to the fireworks on the 4th?;)