Monday, February 7, 2011

The countdown to Christmas

Before Christmas, we had a list of things we wanted to do. One was to go to Temple Square and look at the lights. We went last year, but it was so cold we pretty much ran through. This year we got together with some friends, took tracks into the city, looked at the lights, and ended with hot chocolate and donuts. It was a fun night.

It was a little crazy considering this wasn't even all the kids we had with us looking at the lights. But we hope they will have some good memories and remember how it felt to look at all the beautiful lights.

I was so sad this picture came out fuzzy, but Addie was so excited when Evan was showing her the nativity. The light of the star had just turned on when I took this picture.


We had to dip pretzels. I thought we did a lot until I talked to Kristi who made about 200 more than we did. I will admit, hers turned out better... I think we put too much milk in the caramel, but this will be our work in progress.


I don't know what was wrong with me, but I didn't take very many pictures of us putting up the tree. But we did get the tree from Dubois, and we only got a little stuck driving in to find the "perfect tree." After trudging through thigh high snow packing Sander on our backs, because he was just disappearing under the snow, we finally gave up on "perfect tree" and decided on any tree. It was fun and we had a beautiful ( if not a little charlie brownish ) tree. We loved it.




No comments: