Sunday, May 15, 2011

Always good for a laugh

Addie has really kept me laughing these past few days. She was one sweet girl to keep telling me happy mother's day, but it always came out like this..." 1, 2, 3 HAPPYS MOTHER DAY!" She just couldn't figure out how to say "happy mothers day."

When I was driving home from the gym the other day, the radio was playing and it was the country song "I Get Carried Away." When the song was over she said. " I really don't like that song. If someone carried me away, you would start yelling 'Addie, Addie, where are you?' And you would be really sad and it would be really scary, right mom?"

Then this afternoon, I could hear her singing "follow the prophet" and it went like this..." follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet don't go away follow the prophet follow the prophet follow the prophet he won't go away!"

The kids were really on one today. I fixed a nice dinner and none of them would eat it. Evan finally sent them all to their rooms, so they all ended up sleeping. By 5:30 they were all awake and fighting and driving me crazy, so we loaded up Charlie ( the dog ) and drove out to the lake. On the way, Charlie jumped out of the truck, almost got hit by a car, and hopefully learned his lesson! Grace was really worried about going out to the lake, because it might be dangerous, but we finally got her to get out and throw some rocks into the water. It was nice to get out away from the hustle and bustle of town and just enjoy some peace and quiet. The kids had a great time, even Grace admitted that it was a nice night. The kids are all FINALLY in bed! (Don't worry that it is almost 11:00! )

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved this post!!:) Addie is too cute!! It just makes me laugh!!

Amy said...

Addie sounds hilarious! I wish that you could get out of the house on Sunday afternoons and come to the Sunday visits!

Jenna said...

Wow, 5 kids & 4 girls!! ...Jodi, that's awesome! We're trying to keep up, but we seem to always be just one behind you :) Good luck!!

Ashley said...

JODI!!!! How are you? I feel like I haven't seen your sweet face in so long. Well, I guess it has been a long time. Boo. Anyway, just wanted to say HI! and congrats on number five!! I love your family.....I better hurry up and add more to the lineup. I need me a big family!! By the way, that Addie is adorable. We still talk about little Gracie and how she was such a jabber mouth so early on....and always asked us for gum. Our little boy Connor talks just like she did (and that's when we remember Gracie and compare the two) and he always asks for gum too. haha!!! Anyway, enough jabber. Just wanted to say hello!

Hope you're doing so well.

Ashley
email me anytime: makeitandloveit@gmail.com (I use this one more than any other one you may have.)